The features listed below are likely to be included in future versions of 232key. Don't hesitate to contact us should you have any suggestions.
This page was last updated on May 2nd, 2019. Visit our blog for further updates.
We're currently working on unifying the code base of 232key and our "Simple Data Logger" software. This will allow us to add the following features to 232key (which are already available in the 232key Pro early release):
- TCP/IP support in addition to RS-232.*
- Timeout instead of terminator.*
- Custom keys in addition to predefined keys.
* This feature will require a Plus license.
Other ideas (currently unscheduled):
Some of these might turn out to be impossible or too difficult to implement (or simply unnecessary). Many will require a paid license. You can express your support for certain features by contacting us.
- Support for continuous streams of data (232key would automatically find stable values and type them).
- Hotkey to trigger device to send data.
- Support for multiple measurement values in same line (in a separate, scriptable "Pro" version of 232key).
- Ability to add multiple user-defined keystrokes ahead or after entering the measurement value.
- Ability to add time and date (note: use Simple Data Logger for data logging applications) or to recognize time and date sent by device.
- Non-ASCII data formats (as used by inexpensive scales with USB connectivity, possibly also Modbus, POS protocols).